~*~

~*~

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fern's Animals

So, I been thinking lots about Fern recently and her companions.
Fang has been well established for along time.
Then I started thinking about a small companion, and finally settled on a ringtail.
I came up with a name for her too. Her name is now Chi.
But I thought, "Fern needs a bird too!"
Since I work with the wildlife at the humane society (and it's currently baby bird season) there a ton of cute little birds I could pick from (not even starting on bigger birds). Robins, scrub jays, bush tits, gold finches, nuthatches,mockingbirds, grosbeak (there's one there - I've never seen one before. He has a really pretty call. It sounds like a human trying to whistle).
Now I love the little bush tits. I'll see a flock of them occasionally - little gray fluff balls gathering in the bushes.
Even so, I think I'm leaning towards a mockingbird. It just feels right.
He needs a name though.
And once again, my brain went, "but Fern needs a horse! She can't ALWAYS use it, but she might need a horse sometimes.
So, the horse will be female, but I need to think of a name and a pattern for here. There's plenty of beautiful horse colors, so I need to pick a great one.
Maybe I'll stop thinking of new animal friends for Fern now that I've got these four.

No comments: