~*~

~*~

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Smallest Dragon Boy

I read this short story, "The Smallest Dragonboy," in 7th grade. It was in a big textbook full of short stories. I think it must have been tweaked slightly to make more sense since it was based off a long series of books (The Dragonriders of Pern).
This story, I think, is the roots for me being so much into dragons. I never disliked them, but that story really fascinated me. And it took a while after it for me to REALLY love dragons as much as I do now. (I'm not sure what the exact turning point for THAT was, but it was only a few years ago).
I haven't read many of the Pern books. I read that short story, the harper series, and then the first 2 books in the main series. I've heard that the books bog down after that, though I'm not sure. The one about the white dragon seems interesting.
Back in middle school, I started planning to steal the color-scheme setup of the dragons. I had planned to steal a LOT of stuff back then. Blatant thefts. Not even discrete ones (Most authors do minor thefts). But anyway, I have my own dragon system now! Take that! And no, I didn't steal the telepathy thing from Pern. I got it straight form the source - the Animal communicator that I know.
It was a couple years ago that I decided to go on a search for "The Smallest Dragonboy." I looked it up and found it in a book of short stories. I bought it. I don't like any of the other short stories, but at least I have "The Smallest Dragonboy!"
I recommend it and the harper series. The harper series starts a bit slow, but it's interesting.

No comments: