~*~

~*~

Friday, November 11, 2011

Tablet and Shalia

Big news! Leaf is losing her baby teeth!
No, that's not the big news. Heheh. Although it's kinda funny. Her front canines are growing in next to her baby canines, and for a while there were double fangs there. Now she only has one set of double fangs, cause I guess the one baby fang fell out?
Anyhooow, I digress.
So, I did end up getting my tablet today. ^-^
This is the very first thing I drew. An attempt at Fern doing a happy dance. I probably could have made it neater by spending more time on it. Heheh.

Yeah, it's rather bad. I'm still getting used to the tablet. I'm not very good at drawing yet, but coloring's not too bad. Actually at the moment, it's slightly easier to color with a mouse. But only by a little. And I'm sure with a little practice, the tablet will be much easier than the mouse. I'm working on some little pictures of Fang.

I ordered another commission. Heheh. From Whiteweasel. She was having some financial trouble, and she had some nice art, so I got a commission from her. I gave her a choice of my characters to draw, and she chose Shalia.
She was working on this picture throughout a few livestreams, so I got to see it being worked on, and I chatted with her a lot. I'm amazed at how much time she spent on it. She probably put a lot more time and effort into this dragon that most of the artists who do commissions. She spent soooo long on the scales. I'm amazed she made them so small. Another amazing thing: she did it all with a mouse. She doesn't have a tablet. @_@
Shalia has a really cute expression. ^-^

No comments: