~*~

~*~

Friday, November 4, 2011

7 Billion

So, whether or not you know, some time in the last few days or the next few days, the 7 billionth person on the planet will be born.



It's something I really don't know what to say about. I mean, it's too many people. I don't know what anyone's gonna do about it, though. I would never think that killing off a bunch of people would be a solution to anything. Having fewer kids is really important. But tell that to people in developing countries whose children work to help the family survive.
And even if people start having only 1 or 2 kids, population will continue to grow for a while longer anyway. That's because right now there's a lot more young people than old people. It's hard to explain. I kind need a chart to explain. I think I'll wait until someone asks before I try to go into that (as if anyone will ^-^' )
When countries become more developed, and especially when they educate their women, population growth slows. It's something the whole world should be thinking about. All countries need to help each other. Easy to say. Not so easy to convince people of. 7 billion is a lot of people. That's not going to have a small impact on the planet. And it's going to effect everyone. And we need to make life as good as possible for all 7 billion of us.

No comments: