~*~

~*~

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tablet

Since I have to study for a test, I'll probably just cut and paste the journal entry I put on DA. Heheh.
I have some pictures I need to put on the blog also. Maybe I'll get some up tomorrow.

I'm still in my endless debate about whether or not to get a tablet.
It's only recently that I've actually wanted one. Mom pretty much gave me her nice new laptop since she never used it, so now I don't need to use the old one. And since I do a lot of my drawing while watching movies on the TV downstairs, using a tablet on my desk computer never felt really appealing. But when I realized that Mom's ex-laptop has photoshop, I started thinking about it.
But still, it wasn't until 2 weeks ago that I seriously considered it, because two weeks ago I suddenly got money.
But I can't help wondering... will a tablet make me draw by hand a lot less? Will I stop trying to improve with colored pencils? I know I won't stop drawing by hand altogether, but I'll probably color by hand a lot less.
But getting a tablet would be really interesting, and it would make some things a lot easier. For example, it's really hard to erase colored pencil, but on a computer you can easily fix a mistake.
I'm still torn. Sigh.
But since I don't have class Friday, I'm leaning heavily on stopping at the mall tomorrow after class, since the mall's right across the street from the train station. And then I can play with it over my long-ish weekend.
I guess we'll find out tomorrow what my decision was...

I'm watching a livestream of one of my commissions right now. ^-^ I've never got to watch one of them before. So, I'm not really studying for my test tomorrow... bad me!

No comments: