~*~

~*~

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kenshin

So, on my last Friday of school (I guess it must have been December 2nd) I was driving home with Dad, and we stopped at a Japanese store. They had those boxes that have a toy in them, except you're not sure which of the toys you'll get when you buy it. Those always bug me a lot because I tend to have abysmal luck with them.
This had a set of Kenshin figures. And since those are older and harder to come by, I decided to get one. I decided not to be picky and decided that I'd be happy as long as I didn't get one of the figures (I didn't really want Saito). Because I'm impatient, I opened it right there in the store and gave a sort of hushed victory cry when I found that for once I got the figure I wanted from one of these mystery boxes: Kenshin.
As usually happens, I started putting my toy together in the car on the way home.
This may seem like a random change in subject, but it links in. When I was playing Crisis Core, Crystal was telling me how Zack was probably her favorite character. Now, as you can tell from my list, I have a lot of characters that I like (you know, if they're animal-ish, funny, or if they need a hug). But I'd ever given any thought to which character was m favorite of my favorites.
So, as I was putting together the Kenshin model, I realized that Kenshin was probably my favorite character. And when I referred to my list, I realized that he was higher than all the others. Of course, when I told Crystal and Ellen this, the first thing they asked was "why."
Well, partly because he's really funny, especially the "oro" which still makes me laugh every time I see it. How can it not?!?!

He may be funny, but he's also a freaking awesome swordsman!
And as Crystal pointed out, in addition to fitting into the category of people that make me laugh, he could also fit into the category of people that need hugs. He does sometimes.
So, I finally discovered my favorite character (though FMA remains my favorite anime/manga).
Go Kenshin!

No comments: