~*~

~*~

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Nuzlocke

So, For a while now I've been hearing and seeing stuff about Nuzlockes online. I've been planning on trying it eventually, but I needed a game to try it one. Since Soul Silver is pretty much the only game I haven't played yet, I decided to go with that one. Which might be convenient because Soul Silver has a lot of routes and places to catch Pokémon.
The reason I decided to finally get started on this is because of the impending large amount of homework this semester. This is probably gonna be a really tricky semester because I have a LOT of classes and very little time in between them during the week to do homework that is due then. Plus there's going to be a lot of big projects due later on. I am rather terrified about the state of my life when I'm a bit farther into the semester... So, what does this have to do with starting a Nuzlocke? Because I'm gonna have a lot of reading homework. And Nuzlockes are going to involve a lot of gaining levels a lot more than usual. And I can level grind while I'm reading, because that is rather uninteresting and doesn't require much concentration (as long as I don't accidentally let my Pokémon die).
I'm still slightly confused about where I can catch Pokémon (Like in caves. I'm assuming I'm not allowed to catch a new Pokémon in every room? But maybe just in rooms that have different Pokemon available?)
And I am going to bend one of the rules. If one of my Pokémon faints, I won't release it, but I'll trade it to another game so I can't use it again (Which I guess kind of defeats the purpose of the Pokémon "dying" since the whole reason I want to trade them is so I don't have to lose them forever... So I guess that is kinda cheating).

So, I shall keep you informed about my Nuzlocke challenge! (Because people often make comics or logs of their Nuzlockes). I might even illustrate some of it if I get the chance. I would at least like to draw the Pokémon that are at my side for this long (and probably grueling) quest. They will probably deserve that, at least.

I started out with a little Totodile. I was going to name him after the Totodile in my fanfic, but I was never really satisfied with his name. So I changed the pelling to make it more interesting.
Tydel is my Totodile. Please stay with me as long as you can!
We went to get the mystery egg from Mr. Pokémon. But since I didn't have any Pokéballs, I couldn't catch the first Pokémon at either of the two routes. I guess that doesn't count though. So, when I finally got Pokéballs, I dashed to Route 29. I found a Sentret... and promptly knocked it out with Tydel's Scratch. I leveled him up too much...
But I was more careful at Route 30 and managed to catch my first wild Pokémon. A Pidgey who I named Komali. I'm gonna try to name all of my team from series and stuff.
Up to route 31, where we caught a Bellsprout. I named him Deku. He'll be useful in using some TM moves too.
And onto Dark Cave where I caught a Geodude who I named Goro. She'll be good in our first gym battle.
And no, I won't name all of them after Zelda stuff. I'll make an effort to get more variety in where I draw my names from. But those all seemed to fit.
Now time to train! I might be able to catch one (or maybe 2?) more Pokémon before my battle against Falkner, but that depends on where I can get to before then.

No comments: