~*~

~*~

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Blue Knees

For my birthday, Mom got me a hakama (or something very like a hakama). It's dark blue with three shapes that repeat in a pattern around it.
I decided to wear it today, since I wasn't really going anywhere and I wanted to try it out.
So when the living room was vacated, I tried some of my Tae Kwon Do moves, feeling battle-ready.
The thing is, one of the repeating shapes on my hakama is little rabbits hopping over flowers.
So much for looking tough.
And I recently discovered that my pants are turning my knees blue.
...
Hmm. Better be careful what I wash these with.

So, been working on Chapter 3. Yaay! I'm not completely slacking off! I didn't really get anything done last week since it was a combination of spring break for my parents, my birthday, and Easter. I'm trying to make up for my lack of writing.
I thought I might be able to finish chapter 3 today. No such luck. Although maybe if I work really hard and stay up late...
Except Mom says I sleep in too much. I guess I'll just try to finish as much as I can tonight. Why is it so hard to get out of bed?
Now that I'm caught up with that web comic, I no longer have that distraction. The problem is, distractions are easy to find with you're working on the computer.
Except I've hit a snag. Fixing it means changing several things in chapters 1 and 2. Sigh. As if writing isn't all about going back and changing things over and over.
The strange thing is, I need to change it back to the way it was in my first version. I got rid of it because it made Garrett seem more impulsive and thoughtless than I wanted. But now when I look at in context of the Retriever selection, Garrett's action makes a lot more sense. It might take his friends and family a bit longer to realize that though.

Fact of the day: When crossing a desert with camels, make sure to have the water strapped to the belly of the camels. That way it won't evaporate and it stays cooler.
Camel toes splay out, acting like snow shoes and keeping the camels from sinking into the sand. Camel's store fat in their humps. Not water. If they need water, they can get it by breaking down the fat. That is only done in emergencies though since it wastes calories stored in the fat. Camels can go without water for four times longer than a donkey, and ten times longer than a human.

No comments: