~*~

~*~

Monday, April 22, 2013

Finding Hapiness - Movie

Hey, remember that movie that I got to be an extra in? Well, it's done!
On Saturday, Mom and I went to see a pre-screening of it. The first screening of the final version. So, that's cool!
The movie is called Finding Happiness, which I think comes from Swami Kriyananda's teachings. It's about creating small communities. A journalist woman (played by Elizabeth Rohm) goes to a small community called Ananda Village to write a story about living in small communities.
She was the only real actress. Everyone else in the movie played themselves. And since they were all talking about their real experiences, without any real script, it was a bit like a documentary. But the fact that it was all real made it all the more great.
It was fun to see so many people I recognized. Like David, who showed her around the village. And Asha, and Mirabai. And Swami Kriyananda, of course, who I've seen and spoken to (once that I remember, at least).
The dance Mirabai took part in was beautiful. Especially with the setting sun behind them. Wow.
IT was also fun to see the places that I'd been so many times before. The Ananda Village is such a beautiful place.
Mom showed up a bit in the opening scene. They showed the volleyball team for a moment, but I don't think I showed up in the shot. Heheh. After that fuss about me being on the team, and I didn't even show up. But I got to play volleyball all day, so I don't mind.
Mom showed up in a choir scene. And I showed up for a second during the farewell speech. I think the back of my head appeared a couple times too.
After the movie finished, Asha talked some about filming it. And she explained some about the actress. I was curious how she was chosen for the part. Apparently she heard about the movie, and she'd heard of Ananda before. So she jumped at the opportunity to be in the movie. I was glad to hear that. And apparently she enjoyed herself a lot while staying in the village.
I'm curious to see what other people will think of the movie.
In a couple weeks, there's going to be a website for the movie. So I'll post it when it comes up. But I wanted to write this post while the movie was still fresh in my mind.

Something very sad and strange happened. Yesterday morning, Mom told me that Swami Kriyanada had died the night before. Just a few hours after everyone watched the movie that he had helped develop, and took part in.
He was an amazing person who has helped so many people all over the world. He started the Ananda community, where the movie was filmed, as well as other connected communities in many other countries.
He was very old, and had been sick for a long time. But it just sort of felt like he'd be around forever...

No comments: