~*~

~*~

Monday, April 8, 2013

Up to Five!!

Ugh. I've been sneezing like crazy today. I guess it's all the wind that's blowing pollen around, or something. That's what Dad says. Hopefully I'm not getting sick.
A few minutes ago, Leaf brought in a live rat. Her very first rat. I chased her out of Mom's room before she could let the thing go behind their bed. She took it down to the living room... and dropped it on the floor. I had to pull out the couch so Mom could chase it out, and I finally managed to drop a bowl over it. We took it outside and dumped it in the bushes.
I hope Leaf doesn't make a habit of this... Not only do I dislike the fact that cats hunt, but when they let things go in the living room, it's a bit of a fiasco.
Mom squealed though. That was funny.
Dad didn't even wake up. --_--
At least being a wildlife volunteer means that I've done this sort of stuff many times before.
And Leaf just came up to my room now, carrying a Styrofoam peanut. She steals them from Mom's supply downstairs (and she's recently been stealing the pieces from the pony plushies I sell.) I guess since we stole her rat, she had to find a new toy. She's swatting the thing around my room as I type. There. She dropped it under my chair so I'd throw it for her. Its all chewed up...

Wow. That was a big distraction.
I started this post because I just caught up to chapter five of my story. I re-wrote that far a while ago, but then went back to re-write the first three chapters again. And then yesterday I started to re-read all of the first five, fixing an mistakes I missed before.
So for the first time in a long time, I feel like I've made actual progress.
^-^
Time to start on chapter 6. I'm in new territory again.
It's strange. Every now and then, I'll think, "hmm. Did I really write that?" (either a good or bad way). Maybe I forget a lot of the details I write when I write late at night. Which I do a lot, actually.
When I read my first short story to the creative writing class, a couple people pointed out this one line that I wrote. They said that they really loved it. And when they read it aloud, I just thought, "huh. When did I write that?"

No comments: