~*~

~*~

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kon is no Longer Kon

So, after thinking about it a lot last night and today (during class) I now really like the idea of turning Kon into a lady. Especially since during my class today, we were talking about how the history of environmentalism is very sexist (and racist too) and how the evolution of our culture effects affects a lot of views on gender today. I'll write a blog post on this at some point, because we went over a lot of interesting stuff that I think would be interesting to discuss.
I have an idea now of what I want this "New Kon" to look like. I started sketching her out. I'll post the picture once I finish. But she has more of a guy-ish figure (broad shoulders, muscular arms, a not-too-girly face, shorter hair, and not much of a chest. So at first glance, she might look kind of like a guy (One of the kids at a summer camp I volunteered at said I looked like a boy. Heh).
I'm going to see what happens if I don't change her character, and just substitute a new gender and name. I'm curious to see if that will work.
Now I just need to go find a new name. Maybe I'll do that now so I can announce it on this post.
(Dashing off to look at Asian names. Ones that don't begin with K and aren't Japanese.)
....
Okay, that took entirely too long.
She is now officially named Shanka. It's actually a guy's name, which I like.
Kon no longer exists. There is only Shan (Shanka).
Now I'm off to start changing her appearances in the story.

No comments: