~*~

~*~

Friday, October 4, 2013

Stuff Stuff Stuff in a List

Aaah, but Ellen, I asked you several weeks ago to post on the blog and you never did.
Staaare O__O

But Welcoooommee Hoooooome!
I haven't seen you (in America) for a year! Nor has anyone else.
We're going to tie you down and make you watch many movies.
And I need to find the new Ghibli movie...

I should make a list of my projects.
The problem is, there are too many things I have in mind.
I could probably break them into a few general categories. But each category has about 50 or more things in it.
Let's see. Making a list like this feels scary, when I think about all the hours, days, and months it will take to get through some of it.
Here it is, in no particular order.

Drawing - I have a few dozen pictures I'd like to draw. And I hope to get better with colored pencils and photoshop, as well as drawing in general.
Sewing - I have many many patterns I want to try out. But I am currently working on a pony commission. I'm actually making a quilt (a dragon quilt!). Quilts take a loooot of time to make... I've done a lot of it though. I'll definitely post pictures when it's done.
Writing - Of course I'm working on editing Katani (I'm almost done!!). And I'm still working on my fanfic too. Plus about 20 other stories that have varying amounts of thought put into them. Plus many other vague ideas (I have a research paper for my environment class too).
Sculpting - I want to make more sculptures out of fimo. Some more gym badges, and more of my dragons, and a list of other things.
Painting - I have a couple statue things I want to paint. And I still have a little canvas from Grandma, and I want to paint something on that.
Reading - I have 4 shelves of books that I need to read. I've been reading them, but I've also been getting more. And not because I've been searching for more. They're multiplying somehow... I'm in the middle of 2 books for school, which are due soon. Then I can start another book for myself. I've been listening to Les Miserables on CD (That book is terrifyingly huge). Audio books help a little bit with getting through some of those books (though I'll often check out new books...)
Games - There's 2 main games I'm trying to finish. Plus a couple other old ones that I abandoned. I'd like to go back and work on them more at some point. The Nuzlocke thing is the game I've been working on most (because I can level grind as I read homework). Maybe I'll do another Nuzlocke update. I'll just do it now. I beat the first round of the Pokemon League without losing anyone on my team. Now I'm fighting through the Kanto gyms. Still haven't lost any of my team. Which is good, since I don't have to spend forever training a replacement. Though it would be fun to mix my team up a bot.
Anime/TV series - I still have a massive list of manga, anime, movies, and TV shows to watch. I've been plodding through a few of them at a time. But it will be a long time before I ever make a significant dent in it.
Japanese/Spanish - I've been trying to learn more words and phrases in Japanese. And I really gotta get back into Spanish. I should start looking up more words and remembering grammar.
Working out - Like Ellen, I've been trying to work on getting stronger. I wanna go rock climbing...
Research - I have a ton of websites and articles to look through, either to research for stories or because they look interesting. And I have several other topics that I need to look into more (especially Asian culture, for Katani's story).
Crafts - In addition to drawing, sewing, painting, sculpting, there are a few other random things I want to try making.
Music - Our band concert is coming up. I need to practice flute more. I forgot today. I want to continue improving my singing too.

I'm sure there's more things I'm not remembering.
But the list is rather overwhelming in its length.
Let's just say that I'll never be bored... for a verrry looong time.
I'm always taking little bites out of these different topics. So I plod through them at a very slow rate, since I have many of them going at once. I do pick a couple to focus on more though. Like right now (in addition to school stuff) it's my quilt and Katani's story. And a couple TV series.

No comments: