~*~

~*~

Friday, October 11, 2013

Stay Strong

I've been reading through the articles and posts in a website that Ellen told me about, called Nerd Fitness.
The posts in their blog and the articles they link to taught me a lot about how the human body stays healthy.
I thought I knew a lot about that before, since my mom is pretty health-conscious about food. And both my parents teach yoga, so they know about physical health stuff.
But Nerd Fitness has taught me a ton more. About what to eat, how to keep your body strong, and why weight loss plans and gym workouts often do absolutely nothing to help your health. The stuff about how grains work in our bodies was surprising too. Who knew that grains can slow your body in burning extra fat?
I should have saved links to some of the articles that I found really fascinating. I'll have to search some of them out again.
But this is definitely worth looking into for anyone.

No comments: