~*~

~*~

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Painting Practice

I ended up painting three pictures in Portland.
And I did very little writing... There's always too much going on there to be able to focus on writing.
Or homework... I'm pretty behind on homework now, so I'll have to work really hard to catch up before Tuesday. Sigh.

Anyway, here's a practice painting I tried to do of Fang, following a tutorial fro an artist on DA.


I also finished the lineart for the next Retriever pair - Tuan and Tivoli. So now I just have to color them. Actually, I drew a lot. That's something I can do when the TV's on, or when my cousin's hanging over my shoulder. Heheh. She likes watchign me draw though.
Now I just have to color all of them... Eventually
The two other paintings I did - one is of my rabbit Alaska, and the other is a picture I took of the first hawk I released. Both of them were practicing painting from photographs. They turned out a lot better thna I thought they would, which is a nice surprise. Then again, usually when I go back to look at something I did in the past (even a couple weeks before) I stop liking it. Sigh.
Which reminds me... I drew Youka a little while ago, but I haven't given her a background yet. I was going to make a nice one to go with the picture, but I stopped caring so much about the picture (for the reasons mentioned above). So I'll probably just stick it over some random photo I took.

No comments: