~*~

~*~

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Wind is Still Rising

(I tried to remember the quote from the movie to use as the post title, but I'm probably off).
Anyway, I saw the Wind Rises again with Dad, since he wanted to see it.
I'm talking about this movie again?
Yep. Cause I still want to talk about it~

Mainly I wanted to talk about Jiro. I liked him the first time, of course. But the second time through, I like him a lot more. Because of his way of helping people without any expectation of thanks or payback.
Not enough people are like that. If you thought a train was going to blow up, would you stop and carry a woman to safety, because she had a broken leg? Or fight off bullies from a little kid. Or offer your dinner to a group of kids on the street? Or wrestle with a wild umbrella?
Most people seem so wrapped up in their own lives now. So few are willing to do selfless things for people that they don't know. If everyone could care more about strangers, I think there would be a lot less unhappiness. I keep thinking about the little stories I've heard about the joy brought about by these "random acts of kindness" (Actually I'm in the process of writing a post that talks about this a little more).

Anyway, enough gushing on that fact.
More that I admire about Jiro's character. His ability to work so hard for his dream. It made me really excited to get into work that I'm so passionate about. Something that I can throw everything into, and feel so comeplete once I'm done.
Ughhh, if I didn't have so many articles to write, I'd be writing my story now. Then again... maybe I will anyway! Who cares about homework~ (It's mostly reading more research articles anyway).

And finally, Jiro's immediate willingness to marry a woman with a disease like tuberculosis (which I don't think they could cure at the time, and is contagious). He must have known that it might be a fleeting relationship. But he was willing to accept that so the two of them could be happy together, even if only for a short time.

And the last thing I wanted to talk about is dreams.


I love the dream scenes in the movie. And I can really relate to them. I've had many dreams where I met with people that I admire (including a dream where I was talkign to Miyazaki).
It kind of sucks though. During some of these dreams, I'll convince myself that it's real life. and that I'm actually talking to these people I look up to. And then I wake up and go #!#$@!. Heheh. My dream self must be pretty gullible.
What about you guys? Do you ever have dreams where you meet peopel you admire? Who is it?

No comments: