~*~

~*~

Friday, October 2, 2015

Dark Moon

I thought it would be fun to write about the super moon eclipse, even though it was a few days ago. I took some pictures, but I'll have to see if any came out decently enough to share.

There were clouds, but luckily the moon rose above them before it broke out of the eclipse. So I got to see it when it was faded and red.
Later I and walked up the street, to go for an evening run. And I saw the moon again. It was still mostly dark and red, but along the bottom was a sliver of bright silver light. It was such an amazing contrast.
After just a short time, you can forget the brightness of the moon. But when it brightens again, it's more amazing than it was before.

The moon isn't always bright. But don't ever forget how bright it can be, on those nights when it's in the sky.

No comments: