~*~

~*~

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Ineffective Silent Treatment

I really don't want to talk to people involved in my grad program. Bleh. But I've already ignored my project for a full day, so I better spend my last hour of the day on it.
Refusing to respond to an email for a day isn't really much of a silent treatment. I'm not very good at those anyway.

I want to see everyone again. TT^TT

I just finished another long-term art project today. For the past couple months, I've been slowly going through the photo gallery on my computer. That doesn't even include the photos I took before I got a digital camera.
I've been picking out all the photos that are the highest quality, to make a sort of photo gallery for myself. Although some of them are funny or weird too.


There are several pictures of animals. Some of plants and landscapes. And even a few of people. I showed it to my parents, and we tidied it up a bit. Of all my many thousands of photos, some of them turned out really nice XP
It was fun going through all my old photos too. Lots of memories.

Last week, I went though the Japan photos - and the photos of the Nagasaki atomic bomb museum. And that week in my science fiction class, we read a short story that described the "shadows" an atomic bomb will leave on the wall. The story is called "There will come soft rains" by Bradbury. I think you can find it online. it's pretty short. There's a scene where they describe a burnt wall that outlines the shape of people. A woman bending over the garden, and two children in the middle of tossing a ball to each other. And I got shivers, because I've seen that myself. I'd just looked at the pictures of it a couple days before.
During class, they asked how we knew that it was an atomic attack. I raised my hand and told them about the wall from the bomb museum. There is a shadow of leaves on the wall, because the bomb burned so hot and so fast that it left their outline.

No comments: