~*~

~*~

Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Strange Combination

I noticed something odd about some of the films they've been making recently.
For example, the movies Van Helsing, and The Lorax (the new one).
Both of them have really nice parts. Emotional, or insightful. And they also have parts that are really stupid...

This combination seems to be becoming more common right now. Insightful, and stupid. I wonder why. I guess film makers are desperate about keeping the attention of the viewer? But at the same time, it drives away people that have more... refined tastes.
For the two movies I mentioned above, there are parts that I really love. They're awesome, or heartbreaking.

(Yeah, okay I admit I cried when they cut down the last truffula tree).

And then there are some parts where I almost feel embarrassed to like the movie.
I wonder what other reasons there are for this. Maybe some of the people working on the movie just have bad taste.
I don't mind if there are funny parts in a movie. Heck, I love a good funny moment. I laugh my head off through most of Big Hero 6.
But that doesn't mean that I want it to be stupid or tacky.

Sigh. I guess I am pretty picky. That's probably why I haven't found a favorite book, or movie. There's always something that I wish had been done better (But I'm reading the second book after The Name of the Wind! It's really really good still~ I hope book 3 will be this fantastic. They might actually be my favorite books. Curses to the fact that I can't decide until I've reached the end... Unfortunately the end of Shadow Scale proved this fact even more).

No comments: