~*~

~*~

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Read On

Today was the first meeting of my creative writing class.
I'll probably not go the whole semester, because I'm not sure what to share. I suppose I could bring in chapters from Katani or Ashlyn, but for both of them, I'm reluctant to share the next chapter.

But I did read tonight. I brought in the first chapter of Evva's story.
Everyone liked it.
The teacher asked who wanted to read on, since this was the first chapter. Nearly everyone raised their hands.
Aaah, I'm so happy. I really need that motivation right now, because I just heard back from one of my advisers about my graduate project. So, I've got to start working on that again. And I know that by addressing half of the comments, it will only make the story worse. It feels so counter-productive, to write knowing that the quality of the story is suffering. But I've got to do it anyway, if I want to graduate.
I may not be able to work on Evva's story as much for a couple weeks. But at least in the back of my head, I will know that people really are interested in it.
So, until then, wish me luck with my graduate project.

No comments: