~*~

~*~

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Re-Editing

So, The Last Unicorn has been one of my favorite movies for pretty much my entire life. Mom got the VHS when I was very tiny, and I never stopped loving it.


And then several years ago, I got the movie on DVD.
And I was really mad because they edited out the "dams" and "hells." So the characters mouths moved, but nothing came out.
Now I finally got a different DVD.
On this version the "swearing" is still in place. But they edited some of the sound effects. So the Harpy makes really strange parrot sounds, and there's really loud dripping noises that weren't there before. Etc.

What the heck? Stop messing around with stuff! I want the original movie! Not something that weird DVD editors thought they'd play with.
It seems that people are always trying to change stuff. I guess they want to make their mark. But usually it just ends up taking something good and messing it up.
Like so many movies that are based off of books...

I just want a DVD of my movie that hasn't been messed with... Does such a thing even exist?

No comments: