~*~

~*~

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Magic Flute "Tidbits"

I like to use the word "tidbits" to describe little parts or details of my stories. So what I'm going to do is find little "tidbits" from my different stories that have some significance, and explain my inspiration for them.
So, we'll start with "The Magic Flute."
First of all, the art where Alex tries to scare Liz is sort of based off reality. I personally think it's kinda fun to scare people, but that's only because I watch too much "America's Funniest Home Videos." Oh, random digression. There's never anything on TV any more, so that's really the only TV show I watch regularly. Sometimes I feel guilty laughing at these people, but you figure they felt good enough to send it in to AFV, so they must have not been hurt too badly.
OK. So, scaring people. I do it enought that I seem to have become immune to it myself. So there you go. And when people try to sneak up on you and you can see their shadow approaching, that's just pathetic on their part.
The second thing I'd like to highlite, is where Liz is playing the song at the end, and the wind picks up and starts blowing her hair. Well, that came from a visit to the beach. I was standing near the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean, and the wind was whipping around my hair and clothes. I thought that would be a nice touch to a story. So there you have it.

No comments: