~*~

~*~

Monday, March 17, 2008

Meet Reein!

Yay! Thanks Ellen! I'm going to try to get you to put a few more pictures up for me, but I only want to give them to you one at a time so I don't lose track.
So, yes. That is the picture I drew of my little shape-shifting alien, Reein. He's only about 3 feet tall, and he's furry. His feet are pretty tricky to draw, despite what you may think. It's hard to draw two toes that look like that.
I'm glad you think he's cute Ellen. The other people I"ve shown my drawing to give me funny looks, or tell me he doesn't look like an alien. They say he looks like a teddy bear, or a puppy. But how do we know what aliens look like! Come on! They don't have to be humanoid, like in Star Trek (those movies are good, but all their aliens look too similar). I thought he looked cute, but only Ellen and my dad have agreed so far. Sigh. Some people don't appreciate how difficult it is to design a good alien.
And yes, if you look at the blown-up image of Reein, it won't look as good as the small one. For all of you who don't know this kind of stuff, when you take a lttle picture and make it bigger, it doesn't look as good. And yes. My drawings don't have much depth to them. THey're very flat. And I just realized that Reein's shoulder's are slightly crooked. But you get the idea! Live with it!
All right. I'm done complaining.

No comments: