~*~

~*~

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shifter (summary)

I have no idea what Ellen's previus post was about.
Okay. Time for my summary of "Shifter." It takes place about 200 years in the future. So, the main character is a girl named Katy. She has a pet rabbit named Ian. But when she comes home one day, she discovers that her rabbit is in fact not a rabbit at all. It's actually a shape-shifting species of alien (called Mesprees). His name is in fact Reein (pronounced Ian with an "r" on the front. Katy almost had his name right.) I've been trying to get Ellen to help me put a picture of Reein up on the blog, (my computer is STILL TOO SLOW to do it. Grrrr) but she keeps not doing it. So if you're reading this Ellen, you stink. I'll describe him anyway. He's about 3 feet tall, is covered in short golden brown fur, has a somewhat cat-like head, and a twisty tail. He's kinda hard to describe.... Maybe I should just give you the picture and get you to scan it onto the blog for me. But if I do give it to you, you better not lose, wrinkle, or tear it! His feet are really difficult to draw! So, if by some amazing stroke of luck, someone decides to turn this into a movie (hahahahahahaha!) they'll have a model to go on when they design Reein. I won't accept anything else! I'd like to see some movie director try and twist my characters and plot around! If you do, I'll sick all of my dragons, aliens, werewolves, wyverns, hippogriffs, and all my other story characters on you. So don't try it.
As usual, beware of spoilers. I wouldn't read any of my summaries of you plan to read the actual stories. Just so you know.

So, back to the summary. (It's fun to digress and add lots of random comments in parentheses-assuming I spelled that last word right). Reein tells Katy that the Ozorehs-a race of four-armed alien that Earth rescued when their planet was going to be destroyed, and is currently living on Earth-are not as peaceful as they pretend, but are going to make a grab for control of Earth. Reein and his fellow Mesprees have come to warn Earth, but had to disguise themselves for a few months to learn human languages and habits. So, Katy starts to take Reein to tell to some "important" people who could take action on this subject. But as they pass by the Ozoreh city, they're captured. Reein gets badly hurt, and the Ozoreh leader tries to brainwash Katy to believing that the Mesprees are evil, and that Ozorehs have no intention of taking over Earth. But then one of the Ozorehs who's against this overthrow of Earth, (her name is Veren) finds Katy and confesses to her that the Ozorehs really ARE going to try to take over Earth. But most of the Ozorehs don't want to because Earth saved them. Why should they attack the people that saved their lives?
Katy realizes that Reein was telling the truth, and she goes to find Reein. He's very sick, and Katy uses his communication device to contact the other Mesprees. They tell her where he has medicine stored, and she gives it to him. But it's too late.
And here we have a surprise twist in the story, but I'm not going to tell you what it is. So there. You'll have to figure it out yourself.
But then Katy saves the Ozoreh leader's life, and the leader starts to reconsider her attack.

No comments: