~*~

~*~

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Shifter

So, last night at exactly midnight, I finished my alien story. Pretty good timing, considering I didn't even look at the clock until I finished writing. Usually I don't stay up that late, but I was almost done, and I was on a roll, and I really wanted to finish. That happens when I'm near completion of a story-I can't stop. It's all handwritten, so it will take me a while to type it up. I want to let it sit for a while before I start, though. That way I'll be able to spot more mistakes in it because my brain may have unconsciously come up with more ideas since I worte it. If that makes any sense at all. I finished it pretty quickly compared to other stories I've written. ("On Wings of Wyverns" was actually the first story that I completed completely on the computer. I didn't hand write it first.)
But I think I'll name this book "Shifter." It's quite a bit more simple than my other titles, but I think I like it. It referrs to Reein, my furry shape-shifiting alien Reein. I came up with it a few days ago. I'm supposed to go to Ellen's house tomorrow and she'll help me scan a few of my pictures onto my blog. A picture of Reein is included, so you'll all know exactly what he loks like. I might include my lame sketch of the other aliens in the story. Just so you can get a vague idea of what they look like. THey may look weird, but what do you expect aliens to look like? How do we know what they lok like? Maybe they don't need water to survive, or ai. Maybe they don't have arms, legs, heads, eyes, or even cells. Maybe they're big blobs that float around in blob-flocks. Who says that all aliens have to be bipedal with arms, ears, or noses?
So, I'll include a summary of it in a little while. I'm trying to complete the summaries in order, and there's one story I finished before this. Granted, it's 1 page long, but oh well.

No comments: