~*~

~*~

Friday, February 4, 2011

Go

I was laughing so hard during those! I still like the Toph one best though. Since I saw Ouran in Japanese, it's hard for me to compare the voices.
There's a ton of things I want to post about, but I haven't posted any of them yet. So I'll go with the most recent one.
Same story-went to the library, and they didn't have the book I wanted. So I started checking out Hikaru no Go. It's really good and interesting in a completely different way, because it's about a board game and the amateurs and professionals who play it. I first heard about it in high school during the anime club. That was back before I knew anything about anime. I only went because all of my friends were there. I didn't pay attention to most of the anime that were playing. But I remembered it so I decided to try it out.
So, two days ago, I asked Dad if he knew what Go was, and he said yeah. A friend of the family who lives in Hawaii started a Go club. I'd never played it before, so yesterday we bought a little Go kit at the toy store. Heheh. It was fun reading the rules because I'd gotten the general idea of it after reading some of Hikaru no Go.
I still really have no idea what I'm doing when I'm putting down the pieces. Neither does Dad. Oh well. We've only had time to play 2 games so far. The rules are pretty straightforward though.

No comments: