~*~

~*~

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Outsiders

Ellen did it again! She left the post as a draft! So, it showed up before my post even though it got published after my last post... It's a strange complicated blogging system. It seems like the post that was published first should show up first. But the post that was started first shows up first. That's how I missed one of her other blog posts-cause it showed up beneath mine. Which reminds me. There's a draft of yours sitting on the blog, about the short story you did in your writing class. I can see them before you publish. It's kinda like spying. Heheh. Beware! I know what you're writing!
Anyway, long, senseless moaning about blogs.
I wanted to reply to your anime post. I'd been thinking about this post for a while. Ellen actually touched on several of the things I wanted to say. I guess she can just read my mind that way.
As you probably know, I am quite new to Anime. I only really started getting into it a year and a half ago, right after my first fanime. Before that, I was utterly lost about the whole thing. In anime club, or at fanime, or when Ellen and Nicole were talking about anime.
One of the first anime I tried to watch was Ouran high School Host Club. I watched the first episode, and I had no idea what the hell was going on. It kinda freaked me out. It was a different kind of weird that I wasn't accustomed to. So, I didn't watch anymore. I think a couple of the first ones I saw were Fruits Basket And Fullmetal Alchemist. When I started getting used to the style, I started checking Ouran out from the library. And I actually enjoyed it. And the next time I tried the anime, I found it absolutely hilarious!
So, yeah. If you want to get someone into anime, ease them into it. Otherwise you'll probably just freak them out and distance them from anime even more.

No comments: