~*~

~*~

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Katani Interview

So, I was planning on starting Katani's interview tonight since I really need to work on my terrifyingly large wetlands project. But I got kinda hooked on it, and Katani and I finished the whole thing. With some help from Tyra.
So, yes. Tyra is Katani's dragon. Lari, Len, Garrett, Tri, Melly, and Dominic are the human friends that Katani works with. They're all Retrievers, spread across two different teams. Each of them has their own dragon partner and they fly around collecting certain things. Cause the interview makes more sense if you know that. And they talk to their dragons with telepathy.

Character interview

1) What gender are you?
Uh, a boy, I hope.

2) How old are you?
Well, during the book I’m 16 and 17. I’ll say 17.

3) What’s your favorite dessert?
I have to pick one? Chocolate cake. With good frosting.

4) What’s your favorite drink?
Katani: Hmmm…
Me: I’m waiting.
Katani: I can’t think of anything!
Me: Come on! What do you like to drink!
Katani: Well, you won’t let me say coke!
Me: Well, you don’t have coke on your world! Besides, it’s bad for you.
Katani: Jeez! Just put that rice drink, horchata, and leave me alone!

5) What is your favorite food?
Pizza

6) What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
Strawberry

7) What is something you hate doing?
Almost getting killed by wild dragons and people.

8) Do you hate anyone?
Only people that have tried to kill me.

9) What’s your biggest fear?
Uh… that the rebellion would go haywire and everyone would die?

10) Do you have any secrets?
Not that I can think of.

11) What's your weakness?
Katani: I dunno. None?
Me: Don’t listen to him. He gets mad when people overreact about his eyes. And he’s deathly ticklish.
Katani: How is that a weakness!?
Me: Because you’ll do anything to make someone stop tickling you.
Tyra: It’s fun to poke him with the tip of my tail.
Katani: go away, Tyra! This is my interview!

12) When is your birthday?
October 12

13) What are your hobbies?
I like working with rope and stuff.

14) What is your favorite season?
Fall

15) What's your favorite color?
Dark red

16) Are you social or shy?
I don’t think I’m shy…

17) Are you nice or mean?
I don’t think I’m mean…

18) Do you consider yourself a happy or a down person?
Katani: I guess happy most of the time.
Me: Can’t you sound a little more certain about these?

19) What do you think of your parents?
They’re pretty cool. Dad a little more than Mom, maybe.

20) What do you think of your friends?
They’re all crazy.

21) Which of your friends is most annoying?
Katani: Tri, Garrett, and Melly are all pretty annoying. Melly in a different way. But if you want to go beyond humans, the gold medal goes to Tyra.
Tyra: After everything I’ve done for you?
Katani: And all of my food you steal!

22) Do you love someone?
Katani: Nah.
Me: realllllly?

23) Ever kissed anyone?
No

24) Would you like to get married some day?
Sure, I guess.

25) Would you ever like to have kids?
I suppose so, maybe.

26) Which friend do you trust most?
Lari, I guess. And Dominic.

27) Which friend do you trust least?
If you mean with secrets, Melly. She could never keep a secret.

28) Who is your best friend(s)?
Hmm. That’s kinda changed. I seem to have more than I used to. Mainly Lari, Tri, Garrett, and Dominic. I haven’t seen Len in a while, but him too.

29) What do you consider fun in the day-time?
Hanging out with friends and visiting the city.

30) At night?
Actually, hide-and-go-seek in the dark is pretty fun…

31) What’s your favorite place to hang out?
The beach.

32) What’s your favorite place to vacation?
Dunno. I fly all over the place with Tyra.

33) What place would you really like to visit?
One of the other countries, I guess. Telian, maybe. They seem to have the fewest big problems.

34) How often do you work out/exercise?
I have to every day, as long as I’m a Retriever.

35) What sporty activities do you like?
Sword fighting is pretty fun.

36) When was the last time you cried?
Katani: I don’t know?
Me: What about that time on the beach?
Katani: That wasn’t crying! I got sprayed in the face by a wave!
Me: Is that right?

37) Do you have a pet?
Katani: Does an obnoxious dragon count?
Tyra: What are you talking about? You’re my pet!

38) What do you do on a regular basis?
Train and fly and try to keep my dinner away from Tyra.

39) If you could buy anything, what would it be?
Katani: A muzzle for Tyra.
Tyra: Katani, you’re sooo mean!

40) Do you consider yourself a warrior?
I hope so, considering how much training I have to do.

41) What's your nickname?
Sometimes my friends call me Katana to bug me.

42) What does that mean?
It’s a Japanese sword.

43) What do you usually wear?
Katani: Pants and a shirt?
Me: Thank you for being so specific. What about your Retriever uniform?
Katani: If I’m on a mission, yeah.

44) If you were a superhero, you'd be...?
Uh, a kid that rides around on a lightning-spitting dragon?

45) What’s your favorite movie?
Katani: Avatar, I guess.
Me: Really? You like that dragon-ish stuff even when you have an obnoxious dragon like Tyra?
Katani: What’s that got to do with anything? It’s an awesome movie!
Tyra: I’m cooler than any of the dragons in that movie. And you don’t need to attach your hair to my head to hear my thoughts.
Katani: Do you know how weird that sounds?

46) What’s your favorite book?
Jeez, I dunno. Hunger Games was pretty good.

47) What's your favorite song?
I’m severely limited in my choices considering I can only pick songs you know. I like that Japanese one, On Your Mark.

48) Do you have a favorite band?
Again, severely limited. The only band you listen to consistently is the Beatles. So by process of elimination, I have to choose that one because it’s the only one I know.

49) What did you want to do as a kid?
Be a Retriever.

50) What are you doing with your life?
… Being a Retriever.

51)? What would you like to do with your life?
… Be a Retreiver.

52) What would you change about the world if you could?
Katani: About your world or mine?
Me: My world, because mine is the one with real problems.
Katani: How are my problems not real? Fine then. Stop screwing the planet up, people!
Me: Ah, yes. Thank you for putting it so delicately.

53) And finally… what is your favorite Pokémon?
Katani: Seriously! You’re gonna make me go through all 650 Pokemon! You’ve gotta be freaking kidding. Okay, fine. Let’s get this over with.

I like Garchomp and Ninetales.
Me: Not Flygon? It’s a green dragon, like Tyra.
Katani: Gah! Stop comparing things to Tyra!
Tyra: But Katani, you know you love me!

No comments: