~*~

~*~

Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Ok ok ok before you shoot me down, or tell me that watching kid's shows is fail, you have to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It's really well done, the art style and direction is really good, with a wide variety of character styles and personalities. While the lack of guy ponies is a little strange, they do have guy ponies, even if they don't play an important role in the actual storyline.

I had heard good things about this show and I felt that I had to watch, so somewhat begrudgingly I started on the first episode. So while the first arc is a little...silly and very cliche and basic, the variety of characters makes it interesting as well as their designs. Actually you should just watch this. It'll take four minutes compared to the hour of the first two episodes that make the first arc, and you can see someone's reaction of not wanting to watch and being super-skeptical to really liking it and wanting a figure of one of the ponies to sit on his desk.

No comments: