~*~

~*~

Monday, January 6, 2014

Acedia

Okay, I believe it was last year when I said I was going to write a post about procrastination.
Except it's not actually about procrastination.
It's about acedia. And not the kind of acedia that you'd find in a normal dictionary.
Acedia often isn't reconized, although it's very common for any type of artist.
If you're painting, writing, or sculpting soemething and you take a break during of within a project, it can be hard to get started again. The day you plan to start working gets pushed farther and farther back.
To the artist, this can feel like procratsination. And this can feel pretty awful if that project is important.
Here's the thing though. It's not necessarily procrastination. It may very well be acedia.
Acedia is a natural part of creation. It's the period before a project where you build up (maybe suconsciously) ideas and inspiration.
Though it doesn't help if you never get back to work. XD So find some way to trick yourself back into business.
When you get started working again, hopefully it will build up momentum better, and flow smoother.

I did start working again a couple days ago, after my two days of doing nothing.
I really want to try to do something with the first few chapters of my story, but only two people have given me any feedback yet. TT^TT
I guess I'll continue reading through the next chapters, trying to smooth things out.

I wonder if I should work on something else for a while... There's a couple things I could start with.
Maybe I should just try my experiment with the first chapter... That's the one I've read over the most.
Yeah, I'll do that. I think I need a break from reading through Katani anyway.
On to research~
Wish me luck!

No comments: