~*~

~*~

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Titles?...!

I have about 5 blog posts waiting to be written, but I'm ignoring all of them.
I had a couple ideas for starting my story - the one I want to write for my grad program thesis.
So I opened up a brand new fresh blank document to play with the first lines. And wondered what to call this story. Usually with a new story, I just refer to it by the main character's name.
For example, until a little while ago, Red Seeker was known only by "Katani's Story."
I figured I'd call this one "Ashlyn's Story" until I found a good title. And decent titles sometimes come far after the story is actually finished.
Except a title popped into my head after less than a minute of thinking.
@_@
I think it might actually work.
I think it's happened maybe one other time where I thought of a title immediately. And that story is about half obsolete (along with the title I found for it, probably).

By the way, I'm not abandoning Katani. I definitely want to smooth out more stuff. I can keep reading through everything again, but I probably need more feedback to get it more in shape.
I also want a break from reading stuff over and over. I want to write something new.

Also, I'm thinking about starting another story too. Because the one for school is, well, for school. Which means I might be happy to have a second story to work on which isn't like homework.
I have an idea for one I can start. The main character in this other story is a girl called Ayrin (I think. It feels a bit off now. I miss her first name, but it can't be used).
I did actually play with the beginning of her story already. It doesn't have a title yet though. XP
I'll go through my story notes and make sure that this really is the story I want to start with (Usually I go with the one I feel most enthusiastic about at the moment. When I started Red Seeker, I barely had any development for it, but I was excited about it so I started writing. And now it's kinda done!). I know there's still a ton of gaps in Ayrin's story, but the only way I'll ever fill them is to start writing.

I think I'll write the first few lines of my school story before I go to sleep. Just so I can say I started it.
I mean I did write a couple pilot chapters, but those are a bit further on.
This story is going to be very hard. I can't let the environmental messages and stuff completely overpower everything. I need to make the characters and their story amazing and vivid enough so I don't sound like I'm preaching about stupid humans.
I rather nervous about it.

No comments: