~*~

~*~

Friday, January 17, 2014

Crepes

I've been wanting to try to make crepes for a while, since they're expensive to buy. I asked around for some hints, and looked them up in my cookbook. We just made apple pie, so I was planning to wait until we ate that before I made crepes. But I decided that I couldn't wait.
It was a lot easier than I expected. And they were tasty!
Especially with blueberries, almond, and melted chocolate inside. (I added vanilla ice cream to one. XD )
Yaaay~
I still have enough batter to make a couple more. Maybe that will be my breakfast.

Heheh. The only things I can cook are junk food.
I need to try making egg flower soup again. I think I know how to give it more flavor now.

I can't enroll in the creative writing class this semester, because of my grad program schedule. But I'll drop in to visit sometimes.
I went down last night. And doodled during class. Heheh. I drew an entire comic. In one night.
That's unheard of.
I've never ever drawn a comic that fast.
Seriously. (Old stick figure comics don't count. I should try to redo some of those, assuming I ever finish all the comics I have planned now).
Remember my last comic? That thing was in-process for bout half a year. Though I had to draw 4 people in each panel of that one. Which was torturous.
I'm finally getting faster at sketching people out!
Yaaay! All my class doodling is finally paying off!
Although I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who finds my comics amusing, besides Dad.
This one is just Fern ambushing Ben. Poor Ben. Fern must be an annoying friend.

And I finished my painting a couple days ago. It's like a portrait of Fern, I guess. I was planning to put it on Deviantart, considering how long I spent on the thing. And it is without a doubt the best face I've ever done.
But then I was talking to Nicole about painting, and asking her to put some of her paintings on DA so I could see them. And she said they were too personal to share with the internet.
Which got me thinking. I may not put my Fern portrait online...
I'll just keep it confined to friends and family.
Heh. It figures. I never paint. And I've been trying to get better at digital painting. And my painting is much better than anything digital I've done, despite total lack of practice on one end, and a lot of practice on the other.
I guess it has to do with the fact that paint naturally adds texture to the canvas. Adding texture to a computer image is harder (at least for me).
Or maybe there's so many artists in my family that it just oozes into me.

I'm also fixing up my picture of Shanka. I'll scan her and color her so people can see what she looks like now that she's no longer a guy.

No comments: