~*~

~*~

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Art books and TV

With Christmas gift cards, I ordered the art book for Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
It's funny reading through Miyazaki's comments on his artwork. They vary from "I really didn't want to draw this, but they made me," "Nausicaa would never pose like this," "This picture is bad," and "I don't remember drawing this."
Heheh.
I love these kinds of books (or interviews). I find them fascinating and inspiring for my own creative processes. Now I have a pretty substantial collection of Ghibli art books.


Mom and I finished watching Fringe last night. I don't know anyone else who's watched it, so I'll just blab about it here.
Mom's like a little kid, going "I wanna watch an episoooode! Come on, let's watch another!"
There was some really interesting stuff in the series. But it can get really gruesome. And if you don't like needles, don't watch this. O__O
The plot was very cool, with the 2 universes colliding.
The characters are all good. Even with the duplicates. You'll never be bored with Walter in the vicinity.
I wonder how many different ways Walter manages to mess up Astrid's name. We've had astro, asterisk, afro, asteroid, astral, aspirin, ostrich, and acid.
Poor Astrid.
I actually liked September a lot. Heheh. He got hair.

They did do some frustrating stuff (spoiler alerts) like when they deleted Peter and then brought him back. And now the timeline's totally different, so what exactly is the same and what isn't? And now different people remember different timelines...
And curses to their cliff-hanging season finales.

For a while, I wondered what happened to September at the very end, after the final time reset. I thought (very optimistically) that maybe he'd be allowed to live in the present time. Or at least he'd be able to go home. It wasn't until later that I remembered... he's from the future. When they reset time, he disappears. TT^TT They said he was going to be okay, so I forgot about it. Even when he died, I thought everything would be fine with the timeline was reset. So I forgot to be sad when he died. TT^TT

Now that Fringe is over, I'll rent the next season of Sherlock to watch with my parents (because Dad doesn't want to watch Fringe with us, understandably). (I keep forgetting to watch the season finale of Once Upon a Time!)

I've been watching the Twilight Zone too. Though I'm going to stop after this season.
Some of the episodes are pretty cool. Some are bad. Most are just average. You never know what you'll get.

No comments: