~*~

~*~

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Old-Fashioned

Nicole actually reads my blog! I didn't know that! Yaay! That means that about 4 people actually pay attention to me! Haha!
First of all, I just finished listening through the Harry Potter book on tape. I wanted to get through them before I saw the 7th movie (which I still haven't done yet-hopefully this tuesday).
TT^TT The ending is so great!!!
Harry's sacrifice, and the final battle and the epilogue.
TT^TT
Aww, so amazing. Nicole, you haven't read the 7th book yet, have you? You just made people tell you what it was about? READ IT!!! I'll let you borrow the disks or something.

So, yesterday we went to the Renaissance fair-like thing. And they had a whole bunch of people dressed in old fashioned stuff and speaking in old english and doing skits in the "streets" (It was set up like old england). And there were paper boys, and guys staggering around in a very convincing drunk manner, and there was a Scrooge, and lots and lots of awesome booths.
One booth had these absolutely amazing leather masks like animal faces. The cat mask was brilliant, and the raven was almost like an entire helmet. It was GORGEOUS.
Cat-$140
Raven-$350
Maybe I'll order the cat mask... that at least is somewhat in my possible price range, if unreasonable. I took some pictures. I'll try to remember to put some of them up.
I really like some of the old-fashioned clothes.
And there was a dance square that played lively music and people did those group dances where you spin around each other, and go under people's outstretched arms. And Mom went up and tried it! Hahah! It was fun to watch her doing the dance to the celtic music.
That kind of dancing looks really fun. I wouldn't mind doing that sort of dancing.
Not like the school dances that play deafening, repetitive loud tasteless music and kids packed together like sardines write around.
Prom was actually very boring. Remember, guys? The place was small and cramped, and the music had no variety. The limo ride was the funnest part.
Yeah. The old-fashioned dancing at the fair looked so much more fun.

No comments: