~*~

~*~

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Narnia and Harry Potter

Once again, this post comes several days after the actual event.
So, recently, I went and saw the new Harry Potter and Narnia movies.
The first half of Deathly Hallows was pretty good. Except it was really weird how old Harry looked. Couldn't they at least have kept him shaved? That was rather strange. (And a guy in the theatre wolf-whistle when Harry takes his shirt off.) The problem is that people who saw the movie but haven't read the book would probably be quite confused. They don't explain a lot of stuff.
I think I would have Enjoyed the Dawn Treader Narnia movie a lot more if I wasn't so stuck on the fact of how much they changed. "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" was my favorite Narnia book. I love all the different islands they travel to. But again, the movie changed it a lot. Seriously people, you WILL NOT improve on a book like Narina by adding some mysterious evil mist and random magic swords. The magic swords are like a video game. "Gather the magic stuff and then you can kill the bad guy." And why do they have to go and add some big evil thing to be vanquished? Can't they just go through with the quest of finding the lords and going to the ends of the earth? Instead it's just like "Oh, we killed the evil stuff. There's the ends of the earth! Why don't we go?"
And Eustace was a dragon for a very long time. The dragon was pretty good, though the wattle thing on his chin bugged me.
OK. I'm done complaining.
I love Reepicheep!

No comments: