~*~

~*~

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Legend of Zelda and the Ocarina of Time Medley

Yesssss! I finally got it up! This is the Zelda medley I wrote back in high school! I've been wanting to put it onto Youtube for ages, but it wasn't working on my computer. the computer guy came over a couple days ago, and couldn't get it to work either. Finally he recommended a different program. I thought it would be hard to figure out, but it really wasn't. Now I can mess around with movies more~

Me on flute (Sun's Song is my solo), Ellen on piano. Friends of mine are also on flute, clarinet and violin. It was funny, because I had no idea that she was such an amazing violinist! Both of them were wonderful.
Also includes bassoon, trombone, and several percussion pieces (including tambourine, snare, cow bell).
Starts with Zelda's Lullaby, then Saria's Song, Sun's song, back to Saria's song as a round, Epona's song, song of storms, song of time. Then we have Sheik's theme (not one of the ocarina songs, but I love his theme), Minuet of Forest, Prelude of light, Bolero of Fire, Serenade of Water, Nocturne of Shadow, and Requiem of Spirit. I put little snatches of Sheik's theme between the temple songs to simulate Sheik teaching the melodies to Link. And then we tie it up with Zelda's Lullaby, which is what ends the game.
It would have been so cool to have a harp playing.

I've been playing with the idea of playing a bunch of songs on my flute. Pieces from movies or anime, or classical pieces. I really don't put my flute playing to much use outside of band anymore. And considering my Youtube channel basically gathers dust, I figured I should use it for something. And hopefully this will keep me from neglecting my flute over the summer. Heheh.
The next piece I'd like to do is on my ocarina. I told someone I'd try to play Lugia's song on an ocarina. I'm not really used to ocarina, but it's very similar to flute. And I have a very nice ocarina too. It's a bit tough to keep it in tune, but forunately I'm used to fixing that sort of stuff.
Considering the business of the semester, I have been practicing the ocarina song very slooooowly. But I'm pretty much ready now. I tried recording it tonight, but the recording doesn't seem to have great sound quality. The high notes are a bit screechy, and they are not in real life. I'm wondering if the screechiness will disappear when it goes onto youtube. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

No comments: