~*~

~*~

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bleh bleh

I just sent the first few chapters of Red Seeker to some friends to read.
And now I wish I hadn't. Because my cousin Sean read it during our family Christmas Eve party and made it clear that I still have a lot of work to do on character development. TT^TT
I wish I could try to fix it some more before having my friends read it.
Well, I guess I'll see if they have similar comments.
And I'm still worried about the opening scene. The first sentences of a book are the most important, because that's what hooks a reader and makes them read on. I re-wrote the first couple pages again. I still don't know if it works well though.
Blehhh.
The never-ending problems I've been trying to fix since I started writing this story.

It's funny how I was somewhat confident about that excerpt until a couple comments from Sean. I suppose that's not an uncommon occurrence though (To make it clear, Sean was in now way mean and is really interested in the rest of it. Though I'll have to fix it up some more. Sean is part of my target audience).

And on a random note, I rented the first season of Sherlock. I've been hearing about it for months, but I'm in the middle of 6 other TV series. I wanted to finish some of those before I started any others. But I'm almost done with 3 of those series, so I grabbed Sherlock when I saw it on the shelf. After all, the books are fantastic. I read all of them.
My parents watched it with me. And it's definitely awesome. Their portrayal of Sherlock and John is a lot of fun, and their interactions make me laugh.
And as always, no matter what he appears in, Sherlock Holms is amazing.
But curses for nasty cliffhangers!

No comments: