~*~

~*~

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

~Let It Go~

I went and saw Frozen with my Dad today. I wasn't really sure what to expect, and I think my expectations were rather low.
But it was a lot better than I expected! It was a lot of fun too (Though the snowman's kinda weird looking). I had fun whispering predictions to Dad, most of which were right. Very pretty animation too (even if it is similar to Tangled).
By the way, minor spoilers coming up.
Do you remember when I posted on my blog about the season 1 finale of Once Upon a Time? During that, the "true love's kiss" came about because a mother loved her son (instead of boyfriend/girlfriend). Well, they did something similar here. Which was nice, especially coming from Disney. This time the "act of true love" was a sister protecting her sister.

I actually got very excited at one point, though it really had nothing to do with the movie itself.
There's one song called Let it Go.



The whole scene is awesome. I want to keep watching it...
The first time I saw it, I started thinking about how the character Elsa was similar to Elphaba from Wicked. And then I started thinking how this song is very similar to Defying Gravity.
And then I started paying more attention to her, and realizing that she sounded familiar. And when the credits rolled, I found I was right. Elsa's voice is the same actress as Elphaba! No wonder she's such an amazing singer!
She really has an amazing voice. I just love listening to her voice, no matter what she's singing. There's not many singers like that for me. I'd never seen her in anything else, so I got very excited.
And on the way home, I started thinking. She might actually be my favorite actress. Since I started planning my blog post about female characters, I've been thinking about female characters/people that I like. And I do love Elphaba. She's awesome. And now I think I might have my favorite actress too.
Though I want to go find videos of interviews with her. I like to choose my favorites based on what they're like in real life in addition to their acting/singing skills.
My favorite actor falls into that category too. I first saw Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. And I liked him, but didn't single him out among the other X-Men. Then one day, Mom calls me downstairs, to where a version of Oklahoma was playing on TV. Lo and behold, there was Wolverine on stage, singing. Which was so unexpected after seeing him only as Wolverine. I started to take more notice of him after that (what can I say? I like singing along with people).
I also love watching the making-of films, and interviews of people involved in films (not just films, but anything). Those making-of things are very inspiring to me. The Les Miserables ones were fascinating, and I wonder if there's any I missed.
These interviews are where I discovered that Wolverine was a really funny, nice person in real life. I don't think there was an "aha moment" where I discovered he was my favorite actor. It just kind of happened gradually. Though Oklahoma was a major turnign point. It's fun to have a distinct moment for discovering my favorite actress. (I did have an "aha moment" for discovering Kenshin as my favorite character though. ^-^).
So now I must go and find some interviews with Idina Menzel. ^-^
As I try and fail to get this new song out of my head... Or maybe I'll just listen to it several more times. After all, I can only ever get songs out of my head once I've learned them.

No comments: