~*~

~*~

Friday, May 14, 2010

Avatar (and this time I mean the Last Airbender)

OK, so next on my list of anime is Avatar, the Last Airbender (since it's american, it's not technically anime...). I saw a couple episodes on TV when it was running, but didn't really follow it. I got the general idea of the direction though.
So, started watching it on the internet. I like it so far. More than I thought when it was running on TV (since I didn't follow it...)
It's a bit goofy at times, but it's good. I think it's interesting how the Avatar thing follows the Tibetan reincarnation thing, about how the next reincarnation will find the belongings of the person he was incarnated in before. And from one of the episodes I saw on TV, there's stuff about chakras (which I find interesting) and there's yin yang carp which are really cool too. And yeah. The mythology behind it is really neat.

(I'm gonna spoil some stuff, so don't read further if you don't want to spoil anything. I repeat, SPOILERS).
So, I think it was episode 13 that I got to a couple nights ago (and I didn't post about it today? I been busy!) So, Aang was captured yet again and is saved by this mysterious person wearing a mask and wielding two swords. As that whole rescue scene was going on, I kept thinking, "whoa, that guy in the mask is AWESOME!" And then when Aang took off the mask, I went "Duuuude, it's Zuko!" Actually, I really like Zuko. I am slightly biased in this because one of the handful of episodes I saw showed him trying to help the others (though they understandably didn't trust him). I feel sorry for him, I guess. When I found out he was the one with the mask, my mind jut clicked "OK, he's pretty awesome."

SPOILERS ENDED

There are a few characters that I like that are like that. They're antagonists, but they're not exactly evil. I also liked Scar from the Full Metal Alchemist anime. He's a bit more scary in the manga.

Anyway, yeah. I have now finished the first "book" (the water section). And like Ellen and Nicole, I am getting hooked.

No comments: