~*~

~*~

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fanime

Waaah! I cant wait for fanime it's gonna be so much fun! X3 I'm so excited yay! Anyway I'm just waiting for class to start since i'm not out of school yet T-T but I'm still really happy cause fanime is just around the corner. I'm gonna see everybody and look at all the booths and the art and go to the masquerades and eat a lot of good food and run around like a crazy person and maybe buy a plushie and agonize over the fact that I dont have enough money to buy a sword or a place to put it for that matter. Yay for run on sentences ^__^ Anyway if you cant tell I'm really excited about fanime. Dont really have a cosplay this year so I'm going as random samurai or whatever. I can totally pull if off to cause my hair's still pretty short. Mwa ha ha ha ha. I had a scone for breakfast...there was sugar on it :D

So I havent been working on much lately, too much homework and projects and things to deal with. But I have read a whole ton of manga a lot of the psychological ones, they're kinda creepy but I think most if not all psychological manga will be creepy. But some are pretty good. Like Uzumaki was really really really really really weird and creepy, there's just no other word to describe it. It's about a town in the mountains by the sea that's cursed by a spiral. yeah it sounds lame...at least till you read it. Makes me shudder, anyway there's also stuff that's kinda creepy but sometimes uplifting, like Ikigami. It's about a national prosperity plan in japan where everyone is injected with a vaccine but 1 out of 1000 of the vaccines have a capsule that is supposed to explode and cause the person to die at a predestined time. And the government is the one who instated this vaccine thing to make people realize the value of life. Some of the people go crazy and try to kill other people to get revenge. Others try and leave something good for the world and die with dignity. It's really cool, might be a little gruesome though...

Oh or Pluto, that was a good one i read a while ago. It's about robots with AI and what exactly draws the line between robot and human. Really makes you think. It's about trying to find the "monster" that's killing off the seven most widely known and advanced robots. I really liked all the characters.

And I finally read 20th century boys. I was kind of put off because of the art, and the summary didnt really do it justice. But it's really interesting. About a group of boys who wanted to save the world from some kind of bad guy. But they needed to come up with the evil plan that they had to save the world from. So they started their elaborate plan even coming up with a symbol for their group. Then years later when they're all grown up and have forgotten everything about their game bad things start to happen all over the world. And one of them comes to realize that it's exactly how they thought the bad guy would take over. A really cool conspiracy manga, gets a little confusing at times, but overall really good.


Then there's the higurashi no naku koro ni, and the umineko no naku koro ni series. Both are really interesting and puzzle like, but are all about murders. So if you cant stomach the blood and gore, you might not want to read it. But I think it's really interesting with the puzzles and the different viewpoints. It really does get grotesque sometimes and it's kind of surreal when everything seems normal. Cause when everything is ok it almost seems like a shoujo manga or something and you get really confused...at least until people start dying...

Wow that was a depressing list of manga. Now for some not so depressing ones!

Chii's sweet home. I love that cat. Read it it's awesome. They're short chapters, and really the cute feel good kind of manga.

Whistle. A sports manga about soccer. A kid who transfers from a really good athletic school to a mediocre school. He wants to play soccer and sucks at it, but he works so hard and with such determination...so awesome ^__^

Kimi ni todoke. A cute shoujo manga. I stumbled across it while doing research for the new story I'm writing, I had to read so many shoujo manga (shudder). But this one was really interesting. Very different. A girl who everyone is scared of is the heroine, resulting in very funny misunderstandings. Tee hee. Peopel think she's a ghost sometimes.

Two oneshots I think should get more attention
Souten no Koumori, and Stray dogs. Both by the author of fullmetal alchemist. so awesome. I cant even do them justice >__< they're just that good. Ok well so I cant do any of these mangas justice because they're all brilliant.

Anyway I gotta get to class, read some of these if you're interested ^__^

Oh yeah and fanime...yay X3

No comments: