~*~

~*~

Monday, May 10, 2010

Would You Look at That!

You know it's been a while when you look at the blog and you have to go back a page to see if you missed anything. Dx And despite what y'all might think, I do actually read the blog posts here even if I never reply. Since we(we, being mostly Fern) didn't get more than 10 posts last month, I think we can manage to do 10 this month plus mooooore. Especially since it's MAY, and May means FANIME. 8D

Are you guys ready for this year? Got big plans? I've decided I'm not going to buy a badge, but probably hang around on Saturday with a couple of other no-badge people. I can't afford to spend a cent, and Fanime is a sinkhole for money.

Speaking of money, I need to get a job. I seriously can't mooch forever. But have you ever had the problem where you make a big effort to talk to the employers and yet never get a firm reply of YES or NO? It's frustrating! D:<

BIG props to Hyper for trying to write in a genre and style you're familiar with. I've also been thinking about writing a fanfic from start to finish for realz, since I have this nasty chronic habit of never finishing stuff (yeah, I'm getting help with that). I think if I lay out the main plot out first, then there's better chance that I'll actually finish. I've made basic outlines of what I want the OCs (Original Characters) to be like, and how some of them grow and change throughout the story. However, I'm stuck on what the big 'turning point' in the whole plot will be. Thinking out the plot from start to finish before daring to write is really (mental)labor intensive. There's the whole 'Crisis vs Conflict' issue to think about. Crisis are fun to read, but don't really develop the story much(little kid shows especially) . I found some interesting articles (bookmarks or on another computer though D:) on writing. Have you guys found anything like that?

And I will end this post with a FictionPress.com recommendation. It's kind of like FanFiction.net but for original stories (I don't know how friendly the people are, or what the quality of writing it like, but I've found a few good ones). The story is called Hellbound written by Kanilla and it was really it's description that caught my attention:
"Lilith was just trying to summon a ghost to pay someone back for harassing her. She didn't expect to summon the 2nd Prince of Hell instead! And what's worse, he refuses to leave her side!"
The first couple of chapters are hilarious while Lilith adapts to having a Prince of Hell hanging around her house. xD I just love the concept.

((DD8< Part of my post got eated, so it's not exactly how I worded it the first time and doesn't sound as good. GAH, TECHNOLOGY!))

No comments: