~*~

~*~

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Shadows of Time

I just realized that I haven't posted about this at all! 3 weeks ago, I started putting up 2 new fanfictions. I've never done 2 at a time before, so we'll see how it goes. I've gotten them up on time so far. I try to stick with one chapter per week per fanfic. It was right after I finished the first episode of my Pokémon one. See, Path of the Chosen comes in a few different parts. And the readers wanted me to start the second one right away. So, I did. But there's also a Zelda fanfic that I've been working on recently that has Shadow Link as the main character. See, the fanfic started because there were a lot of different Zelda characters from many different games, and I wanted to find a way to use them all. But then what would the plot be? And who would be the main character?
Then I re-read the Four Swords manga, and at the end, Shadow Link turns good. When I took the train the next morning, my brain started working. Trains are a great place to think. And I realized, "I could use Shadow Link!" At first I was gonna make him sort of quiet and distant. But Ellen's influence (especially with Nex) made me eventually settle on a quite different Shadow Link. Which adds a much more interesting element. Can you trust him to do his duty and protect the Link whose shadow he is? Plus I've never written for a character like him before, and It's kinda fun!
I wrote the first chapter during humanities class. I think I thought of it during that same train ride. I couldn't hold it in any longer, so I just wrote it during class. Heheh. I like the first chapter. It's a little darker than I usually do, but it was awesome to write. Nick stole it and read it after I finished writing it. His reaction was perfect. He didn't know what the dark hand was until he realized that Link's shadow was missing. Heheh. I think that's the first thing he's ever read that I've written. I wonder what he thought about it.
Anyway, links! I mean, links to my stories, not the character Link.
Here's my second part of the Pokémon fanfic. Path of the Chosen 2: Frail Heart.
And here's the link to Shadows of Time.

No comments: