~*~

~*~

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sad Old Kids

You know what I notice a lot that's sad?
In high school, and especially college, it seems, kids stop doing stuff. They say they don't have tim to read books and playing music. Books is a big one. A lot of kids stop reading books for fun because they don't have enough free time. I refuse to let that happen though. I always have a book going. I may not get through them really fast, but I'll work on them at school between classes, or in the car or something.
So you'd better not give up reading! There's an endless shelf of good books out there that have to be read.
And as to not having free time? I think you can make the time to get through something if you REALLY want to. I have a long commute to get to college, and I still find time to update fanfics, watch Avatar and FMA Brotherhood, and watch an occasional movie. Though I should work on my real stories some more.
And sooo many people stop playing in the band when they get to college! I'm not majoring in music, but I've remained playing in the college band for 2 years so far. Don't you give up music either! It's something that will be forgotten. I know. I used to play piano when I was little. But I didn't play for over 10 years, so now I don't remember a thing about it. Really. Nothing. I only got my flute.
Maybe I'll have less free time as I start my second half of college, but so far I haven't worn myself down yet.
Don't you DARE let school stop you doing what you love! Make time for yourself!
But make sure you get enough sleep. That REALLY is important. With Mom being a yoga teacher (Dad is too) she knows lots about that kind of stuff. I don't remember the details but you NEED enough sleep. Go research it if you don't believe me.

No comments: