~*~

~*~

Friday, October 15, 2010

Mucho Stuff

There's one short story that I want to write. I don't know it it's scary... but it's kinda depressing, I guess. Heheh.
What ideas do you want help with? I can't really help till I know.
So, yesterday as I was driving to school, I was playing the soundtrack to Avatar (The blue people movie). I'd already listened to the first half, which is my favorite up to "Jake's first Flight" (Though "I See You" and "Gathering al the Na'vi Clans" are great too). Usually I don't listen as much to the loud parts of the soundtrack. They can be great in the actual movie, but listening to them elsewhere is usually too intense. It's not usually as fun to listen to either. But, anyway, I wanted to listen to the second half. It was morning, so my brain was still in morning mode. And even though I'd listened to the whole soundtrack before, I was kind of blown away. Heheh. When I listen to music, I always think about what it goes to. So, my brain was on Pandora. That movie was so intense and amazing that the music made me want to cry too! Waaaahhhh! Like when they attack the tree? Aaaahhhhh!!!!
Anyway, moving on. I'm trying to keep you updated on the Katani story.
I keep having trouble with exotic names. It would probably help if I knew about 50 languages, but I don't. At least I know people who speak some of those languages. It's been easier to do it for Katani's story than for Shadow Split though (cause I'd given all the characters names before I even thought to give them names that sounded like they came from their home countries... and now I don't want to change their names because changing names is hard to do! I already did it for Kiya too...). Anyway, if you start with names in mind, it's a little easier.
So yeah. Reyu is very loosely based on some Asian stuff. That means that some of it is Asian-like (as much as I know about it) and some of it isn't. Mainly on some of the names though. The palace looks Chinese. A lot of the people are Asian too, though not all.
I forget if I wrote this yet. I'm tired and don't feel like going back to check. But Soreina is a random patchwork of many things. Not everyone from one culture was brought to the same place with the Split occurred. So their countries aren't the same as ours.
So, I just introduced Katani's parents. I needed to think about what they were like and their names and stuff. And then I needed to figure out how long it was till Katani and his friends go to the GRA orientation and what they do during that time. I just skipped over the month because not much interesting happens.
I could have gone into more detail but I'm too tired... and I have a saturday school project too... Bleh.

No comments: