~*~

~*~

Friday, October 8, 2010

Random Poem

Ha ha ha, Katani only acts like Saleera if he's in a really bad mood :D that makes me laugh so much! Wonder what Saleera would have to say to that! ^_^

Cool prompts by the way! I think I might do some myself! I'm pretty much procrastinating right now. Actually...I might not even have any homework to procrastinate from doing...weird.

Anyhow, I think Tara wanted me to post the poem that I wrote for my creative writing class. The prompt was to think of how a poem gives you creative license to change the flow of time, and write and event thinking deeply about this concept.

So I had no idea what to write on, I was hyped up on sugar/espresso/chocolate and I decided that I shouldnt be the only one to be allowed to change the progress of something, the reader should too. So I wrote a poem and cut it into ten pieces. The stanzas/couplets can be rearranged in whatever way you want, and the meaning might change a little each time, but it all kind works...I dunno

Here's the poem in one huge block, in whatever random order I decided just now. You can rearrange if you want.


So what if time makes no sense at all.
So what if we're all in for the long haul?

The rivers may move in due course
But the ocean is the final source

I have no means of proving why
Why I think that time goes by

It's not a river, soon you'll see
Exactly why I think like me

Change the lines and it becomes apparent
That for my words, order is not inherent

I'm a person, just like you
I have hopes and dreams, it is true.

Time moves not in rivers here
Time moves as it will and anywhere

I'm a little weird, I know
But I'm not stupid, I'm just slow

Past, present, future, who cares?
But none contradict it, none dares.

Yet why does it all seem,
Like everything is just a dream?

No comments: