~*~

~*~

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Origin: Spirits of the Past

So, I need to do a lot of blog catchup, especially with my creative writing class.
But I just finished watching a movie a few minutes ago, and I wanted to write about it. It's an anime movie called "Origin: Spirits of the Past." I saw a commercial for it and it looked interesting so I rented it. (I watched it in Japanese)
It's very pretty and pretty cool too. I liked it enough that I'll probably end up buying it. Admittedly, the climax could have been a bit more suspenseful and I wish they'd done a little more with the forest girls and stuff. And those wood dragon creatures. But it was still good. I really liked the ending song too. It's pretty! Great artwork too.
So, I think it's good to spread news of good movies. Cause I'd never heard of this one before.
It's a bit similar to Nausicaa and Castle in the Sky. It's a futuristic world with a forest that some people think is dangerous. And the boy finds a girl who "leaves" and he tries to find her again.
Hmm. I wonder if I can find some pictures...
Ah, not too many. Here's one though.

No comments: