~*~

~*~

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hikari no Sasu Basho e - Ling Yao's Theme

I was supposed to post about something, but I forgot what it was so here's something completely different!

Tara played me Ling Yao's theme from FMA, and asked what it meant. But I wasnt really paying attention while listening so I couldnt give her an answer. So because i was bored and my Thursday class was canceled I translated the lyrics for her with the Japanese Romanji (phonetics)

Hikari no sasu basho e

Owaranai yami no hazama de
dore kurai nemutte ita darou
doushite yuku mune wo samayou
natsukashii tooku yobu koe
kawaita kaze ni nosete

haruka kanata kara hibiku inori
asu wo miru tame ni

doko made yukeba tadori* tsukeru darou
hateshinaku tsuzuiteku hikari sasu basho e

kawaranai yume wo egaku

akaku kizamu moji takusu** omoi
tsumugi au sadame

doko made yukeba tadori* tsukeru darou
ou ni naru*** kanji tashika ni fumishimete
hateshinaku tsuzuiteku hikari sasu basho e itsuka



The Place Where Light Shines

Between the endless darkness
How long have I been asleep
Why does my heart wander
To the nostalgic distant voice
That rides on the dry wind

A prayer rings out from far away
Praying to see tomorrow

No matter where I go, I will arrive*
At the place where light shines forever and ever

Draw the unchanging dreams

The carved crimson letters are far beyond my reach**
Spinning destiny meets

No matter where I go, I will arrive
To become King***, shut away your fears
Someday I’ll be in the place where light shines

*tadori can either be translated as 'traces' or 'to follow s/t' so the line can be alternatively read "No matter where you/I go you/I leave behind traces of yourself/myself" or 'No matter where I go, I will reach it' 'it' being a place.
** I'm not entirely sure about this 'takasu', because it sounds like 'takusu' in the lyrics, but there is no word for takusu (that I know of), so I thought it might be a (very) colloquial way to say takasugiru (too high/tall/expensive). So I translated it to mean 'it's too high/tall/out of reach'
*** That's what it sounded like to me, but on animelyrics.com their japanese lyrics were different so I dunno if it's right or not.

No comments: