~*~

~*~

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Come Outa my HEAD!

That's cool, Steph! You can come over any time you want. I need company since everyone not in high school is too far away to see.
We need to drag Ellen and Nicole (especially Ellen since Nicole posted somewhat recently) on here to post!
Okay. To the title of my post. As you know, I'm in the middle of several different stories, though some are on hold until I finish one I'm really working on.
So, since I have a few stories on hold already, I don't want to start another because I don't want to have 10 stories sitting around. It gets too confusing already, and it would take me forever to finish any of them.
But I have about 5 plots in my head that really want to come out. Some of them are missing parts, but the overall story is there, as are the characters.
One is sort of a super hero story. The main character is a girl with special powers that lives in our world. I think she'll probably end up having come from Magic-Earth ('cause there's natural overlap between all my three planets). She's really quiet and serious and really only has 2 friends. She goes out in disguise and uses her powers to help people. In this same city, there's another guy with super powers. He's pretty much the exact opposite of the girl. The girl's powers deal with elements and shape-shifting (I think, but subject to change) and the guy, Arkine, is more like a superman sort of character. He is super strong and can fly. He's also a very fast healer. Ad he doesn't bother to wear a mask. He goes out and is friendly with people, while the girl helps people and then goes away without really speaking to them. But either way, something (not sure what yet) happens and Arkine gets really sick. The girl (I'm still debating about her name) has to take care of him even though she really doesn't like him. And her friend goes to try and find a cure. But the thing is that Arkine gets is contagious, and the girl starts to get sick too. So, there's a lot that still needs to be figured out in this story. It comes in 2 parts. The first is when the girl and her friend are kids, and the second is when the two of them make another friend, and the girl starts acting as a super hero. I need to find a city to set this place in. It's got to have a relatively high level of crime so that the people are happy for a couple saviors. The problem is, I really only know two cities: San Francisco and San Jose. It's hard to write about a city that I've never seen (Like New York). How much crime do we get around here?
Second story that wants to escape. I just came up with this idea fairly recently. It probably takes place on Soreina. Maybe Magic-Earth. There's a royal family, and the parents just died, leaving their young daughter heir to the throne. She needs to find a future king, so they gather up a bunch of boys and start training them, waiting for the princess to pick her favorite. The main character is friends with one boy in the group that is a misfit and is always picked on. But is his friend really all he seems? Du dududah! I have some cool ideas for this story. But the ending is a surprise so you don't get to hear it! Mwahahahahahah!!
Third one I'm going to name after my blog: "The Dragon's Pen." It starts with an author (me! Heehee!) who is experiencing writer's block (luckily I have not yet faced serious writer's block, knock wood). She has a deadline for a book approaching, and she hasn't even got an idea for a story. She's at her desk late at night, and facing an empty computer screen. Suddenly, a dragon lands by her window. Or, my window, since this character is writing my stories, so I guess she's like me. Since "I" wrote about Soreina, and dragons, I have an idea of what my dragon would look like if I had a dragon. I do, actually. I should post a picture of her. And her... my dragon lands in front of my window and takes me on a quest (not sure what yet. Need ideas). There's a friend that's brought along with me too. Not sure who. Anyone want to come with me? My dragon takes us through the worlds my stories take place on-Soreina and Magic-Earth.
Hmm. I know I have more ideas. When I remember them, I'll post them.

No comments: