~*~

~*~

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Libraries = <3

Personally I like "Of Spirits & Demons" better. It has more personality and character I think, less bland. Tidbit is an interesting word, and I decided to look it up in the dictionary. Apparently the 'tid' part was part of the word 'tide' which meant 'feast day' like used in 'eventide' or other such words. So it literally means 'feast day bite'! :) Isn't the English language interesting? Funny though how when you finish a story (or get to the middle), you look back at the beginning and see that it needs revising.

But I wanted to share my love for libraries. Next to the idea of a post office, libraries are a wonderful institution. Books and information, practically free! Lately I've been on a book binge and I think I have about 12 books checked out that I all need to read. Particularly I've been looking at folklore and novels that utilize various lore for the book's base, yet they do it so well that you probably wouldn't know that had a similar folktale about it. So I've been looking there for ideas.

To be honest, first semester I didn't write anything creative and I hardly drew at all, but suddenly second semester I want to do it all! xD I'm even pondering the thought of figuring out how to make a mini comic (because a full length one would be way too much for me; xD baby-steps first) but without those book's ideas or even yours I don't think I could get an intriguing plot line to go with. True I have other unfinished projects but this one is going to bug me while I'm in school if I don't do anything about it.

Oh, and I've been inspired to attempt knitting. I blame my mother and that fancy yarn shop downtown.

No comments: