~*~

~*~

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Harry Potter

(Spoilers)
So, I watched the third Harry Potter last night and thought I'd do some raving. I've pretty much aged with Harry Potter. I was 17 when the seventh book came out, and I think I was just a bit younger than Harry with the first book came out. Heheh. Everyone in school wanted to get a letter from Hogwarts when they turned 11. A letter that said that we could go learn magic at Hogwarts. The owl that delivered my letter must have gotten lost because I never got my letter. It was only later that I realized I have a different type of magic. I just go to Magic-Earth and learn at the Mage Temple instead! Quite a different variety of magic than that shown in Harry Potter. Maybe I'll explain it sometime.
Anyway. Harry Potter is good. The books are definitely worth reading (of course most people know this already). However, I must say that the fifth book is my least favorite. Harry's a bit too nuts in it.
Buckbeak is awesome! I would get along with Hagrid so well! Because I'd probably love all the monsters he keeps as pets. He wants a dragon? SO DO I! What's wrong with dragons? Though the dragons in my stories are probably more friendly than Norberta and the hungarian horntail. I would so be an animagus.
The first two Harry Potter movies... I think I liked their director better. The new guy who's done 3 and up... they're a it dark I think. Unfortunately, the first Dumbledore died (RIP). He was definitely better than the new one. He's really lame. I don't like him. They should have found a better actor for Dumbledore. And Professor Lupin is awesome. But in the movie... That's the worst werewolf I've ever seen. It looks like Golem with a wolf head.
It's so strange to see actors in some movies. For example, Lupin played a bunch of bad guys. He was bad in Dragonheart (Sean Connery was the dragon and he's AWESOME! A great movie, but sad) and Dinotopia. Oh, I think he was in Black Beauty too. But he was a good guy there. Also a good movie. Ooh, and here's a really bizaare one! Nicole and Ellen were with me when we discovered this (I forget which of them pointed this out). We were watching the Borrowers (a good movie-you should watch it. Yes, I keep saying this). And the kid that plays Malfoy is the little brother in that movie! Peagreen! And he's a little kid and he's really cute! It's such an amazing contrast from the little Borrower brother to Malfoy. It would be interesting to meet the actors and see what they're like. Especially the bad guys (Like Darth Sidious). Ooh! Here's another funny one! The guy who plays Wolverine in the movies, Hugh Jackman, is a singer! Ellen and Nicole were shocked when I told them this. Ellen called it X-Men the musical and said that it was really wrong. He played Curly in Oklahoma!. And he's a good singer. I have the soundtrack because I like "O What a Beautiful Morning" And "Surrey with a Fringe on Top." And some of the others too. But like most musicals, some parts are too long. So, I don't have the movie, just the music. When I watched the specials on X-Men, he seemed like a nice guy. He's the only actor I have an autograph from. Heheh.
Where was I? See? I like to digress on my blog. I can get in a lot of random stuff by digressing.
Oh, back to Harry Potter. And she killed Lupin and Sirius! WAAH! I DON'T WANT THEM TO DIE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The end is awesome. I never thought I'd feel sorry for Snape after book 6... Yeah. It was a good conclusion to the set, but the last sentence could have been a little bit interesting. The final battle was so cool! I love the idea of everyone, friends, family, friends and family of friends and family, coming to help with the fight. It's so cool! That happens in some other books. I like everyone getting together for the final battle. Whoo!

No comments: