~*~

~*~

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Redo Lullaby?

So, you may recall my story "Lullaby of Awakening." The main character was a wizard named Brenor. And "Of Spirits and Demons" is written by Brenor's reincarnation, Briena. So, In Briena's time, Brenor's tale is something of a legend, and Brenor's something like a fantasy hero. It takes her a while to realize that Brenor and her are the same person. And her animal partner is the also reincarnated. In Brenor's lifetime, it was a crane named Feather Dance. In Briena's lifetime, it's a stag named Ranen. But before she meets Ranen, the spirit of Feather Dance watches over her, helping her to remember the magic she knew if her previous lives. As you can see, there's a lot of overlap between the two stories. And I sort of need the first story to explain how Breina is saved from the evil happenings at the end.
The problem is, I wrote "Lullaby of Awakening" before I really designed Magic-Earth. So, there are several details that don't really match up between the two stories, even though they're on the same planet. I wonder if I should completely re-write the whole thing (maybe make it longer) or if I should just go back and fix the parts that I need to change... I dunno what to do... And I just started classes again, and this chemistry course has a bad reputation, AKA LOTS OF WORK. So I wonder how much time I'll get to write... I'll definitely have my binder with me so I can write the "Magic, Myth, Shadow" story between classes at college (that's why it's useful to hand-write stories first, but then it's a hassle to type them up after), but I might not be able to do as much typing as usual... So it'll probably be a long time before I type the rest of "Of Spirits and Demons." And I have to keep updating my Midna fanfic to keep my fans appeased. Ooh! My fanfic just received over 100 comments!

No comments: